× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: A7000 stops working randomly, and if i try to reset it i get a bluescreen

Mechadexic
Follower

A7000 stops working randomly, and if i try to reset it i get a bluescreen

so, ever since I purchased a A7000 for my new computer, a Windows 10, ive had NUMEROUS problems with it. At first, I had random disconnects (which i still havent fully fixed), but I managed to lower the chance of it happening. My most RECENT problem is that sometimes, the adapter will shut itself off, and the WPS light will remain on, however, the Wifi connection menu will show no networks available. Ive tried using troubleshooter, which says to "use an ethernet cable", and its also said a connecting cord was lose, which I made sure it wasnt. If I go into adapter options, it says the wifi adapter is "disabled" and if I try to re-enable it, nothing happens. So as a last resort, I unplug the adapter, to reset it manually, but to my suprise, I get a bluescreen. The error code is "UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP", and this ALWAYS happens about once a week. Ive reinstalled drivers, turned off power saving, nothing works, any help with this problem?

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
welchcougar007
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  The AC1900 WiFi USB adapter model No. A7000 will not hold a consistent connection.  Every 15 minutes or so it will disconnect and reconnect.  Extremely frustrating since I work remotely and have regular video conferences.

I have updated to the latest drivers Version 1.0.0.15.

I am operating a in Windows 10.

Message 2 of 3
mondenath
Prodigy

Dont update to 15 go back roll back the driver it works fine with earlier driver than 15.

It was only for tp link router issue not if you have netgear router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7