× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 A7000 3.0 Nighthawk connects to wifi but no internet

michaelwhitney
Aspirant

AC1900 A7000 3.0 Nighthawk connects to wifi but no internet

@michaelkenward 

Here is a new conversation per your request.

I got a new cable modem with wifi router from Comcast to allow for better internet speeds.  All other devices have been able to connect to the new router and use the internet except for PC with the A7000.  When I connect to the wifi signal, it says there is "no internet."  It then knocks the internet off for all other wifi devices as well.  I have to reboot the router to get internet back for the other devices. 

I have been able to connect to a mobile hot spot from my phone via the A7000.  That works fine.  However, if I try to have the phone use the wifi instead of data, I get the same issue, "no internet."

I have tried to refresh/reinstall the driver.  I have tried a power cycle.  I have tried troubleshoot via the windows Network & Internet settings.  I even tried a different name on the 5GHz signal from the router.  All get the same "no internet" situation.

Oddly, when I hard connected a different laptop to the router via a CAT cable, the other devices did not lose the internet when I attempted to connect the PC with the A7000.  The PC with the A7000 still got the "no internet' situation, but at least I did not need to reboot the router.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1900 A7000 3.0 Nighthawk connects to wifi but no internet

Hi @michaelwhitney

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7