× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC600 keeps losing connection

ElliotSterkel
Follower

AC600 keeps losing connection

So I bought the AC600 adapter awhile ago, and for the first couple months of having it, it worked great. I was getting good connection in game and fast download speeds. But recently I had to go back to using a cheap $8 adapter, because the AC600 just keeps disconnecting. I have the latest version of Genie(1.00.36) for A6100. I'll unplug it and plug it back in and reboot genie, but it takes so long for anything to happen. The software doesn't want to identify any networks. I can't go more than an hour without this thing dying on me. It's almost like these things have a life span of 4 months then you just need to buy a new one. 

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: AC600 keeps losing connection

I've seen repeated posts about this issue with the A6100. many times its because they got hot or the driver causes issues. 

What you can do? try doing a clean install with driver only for the A6100. 

If it doesn't work, I'd return/rma it through warrany if you're still within your warranty period. 

there's a post here about the A6100. A6200, A6210.  There's several different idea, driver installs, etc that you can read through and try if your warranty is expired.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/Windows-10-A6100-A6200-A6210-Installation-Heads-Up/td...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7