× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AC6210 has to reinstall everytime I open my laptop

jszima
Aspirant

AC6210 has to reinstall everytime I open my laptop

Need help keeping this adapter installed.  

Everything seems to work just fine when it is installed, except when I open my laptop back up, the USB plug and play detection goes through it's process of reinstalling the adapter every single time!  This gets annoying as it takes a few minutes to reinstall the drivers, then I have to disconnect from my network, then reconnect again.  This is a real pain!  Anyone have any ideas on how to have Windows remember the drivers?  I don't have this issue with any other USB devices.  

Thanks!

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi jszima,

Uninstall the driver and try to use the driver below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi jszima,

Uninstall the driver and try to use the driver below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000037991/A6210-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

Message 2 of 6
jszima
Aspirant

Thanks!  That seems to have done the trick.

That was the driver that I had installed but I'm guessing the uninstall/reinstall is what did the trick.

Another benefit is that I'm connecting at a steady 866.5Mbps now.  Before it went up and down from about 550 to 720.

Again, thank you for the help.

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi jszima,

You are welcome.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 4 of 6
Das1996
Initiate

Any updates to the driver for this device?

I'm having similar issues when ever the pc (windows 10 64bit) comes out of sleep.  Driver for A6210 gets reinstalled again.  Also strange wifi connection.  Once driver installation has completed, adapter connects to the access point for a second or two, drops connection then reconnects.  Finally after al this, the connect is solid.  All power management for the a6210 is disabled in device manager.

Is there a newer beta driver for this device?  I didn't see anything from mediatek. 

Edit:  I should add, this is the only device that exhibits this type of device manager and connectivity behavior.

Message 5 of 6
jszima
Aspirant

Not sure if there is a new driver yet but I encourage you to uninstall and try the one above as it worked for me.
Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7