× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adapter wont work (A7000 AC1900 Netgear Nighthawk wifi USB Adapter)

BedrosN
Aspirant

Adapter wont work (A7000 AC1900 Netgear Nighthawk wifi USB Adapter)

I recently moved into a new home and i have a PC that doesnt have a built-in wifi adapter. At my old home I had plugged in the AC1900 Nighthawk wifi adapter and it was able to pick up and connect to my wifi network. I have just bought a new adapter and plugged it into my PC, everything is detected and the drivers are installed but when i try to connect to my wifi network it keeps saying " No Internet, Secured." I have been working on fixing this for so long but no luck. Does anyone know a fix?

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Re: Adapter wont work (A7000 AC1900 Netgear Nighthawk wifi USB Adapter)

@BedrosN wrote:

when i try to connect to my wifi network it keeps saying " No Internet, Secured."

That may be down to Windows trying to protect you from what it sees as a dangerous network.

How are you trying to connect to the wifi? Using Windows "Network & Internet" settings.

Message 2 of 4
BedrosN
Aspirant

I've tried both ways. Using the network and internet way and also the NETGEAR Genie. Both ways end up with it saying " No internet, secured"

Message 3 of 4
MariaSarahe
Aspirant

It happened sometimes. But it will fix try these things:

Add DNS record and check (add google dns records)

Try to clean browser cache.

Try to install new updated network drivers.

Sometime drivers a not upto dated and you suffer internet connectivity issue while surfing websites.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7