× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BSOD Driver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Special_Pool (bcmwlhigh664.sysDriver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Specil_Pool

Mugsy101
Aspirant

BSOD Driver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Special_Pool (bcmwlhigh664.sysDriver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Specil_Pool

My wnda3100 v2 is now creating an error and BSOD

Driver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Special_Pool (bcmwlhigh664.sys) 

I am running w-10 since 8/2015, I have had the adpter for sral years with no problems, the only recent change was installing updated norton for 2016.

I ran several diognostics, updated driver, ran a malware prog, cleaned the disc,...etc.... I then took the computer in to the microsoft store and they ran through and looked at things, and every time the wnda3100 v2 was plugged in, the BSOD with the error code happened iimiately.

Message 1 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Re: BSOD Driver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Special_Pool (bcmwlhigh664.sysDriver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Spec...

Hi Mugsy101,

Is the driver used for WNDA3100v2 is for Windows 10?

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDA3100v2#searchResults

Message 2 of 7
Mugsy101
Aspirant

Re: BSOD Driver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Special_Pool (bcmwlhigh664.sysDriver_Page_Fault_In_Freed_Spec...

Yes, it was updated.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Mugsy101,

You may need to clean the registry of your computer. Also try to install the adapter on a different Windows 10 computer. When installing, use the standalone driver instead of the driver with Genie.

Message 4 of 7
Mugsy101
Aspirant

I have cleaned the registry, and I'm not sure why you want me to install the driver on another dindows 10 machine.  Everytime I plug in my network adapter I get the BSOD.....so basically nothing has changed and nothing is fixed regardless of how many suggestions I get from here or from microsoft, or anywhere.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi Mugsy101,

Have you tried disabling the Norton just to isolate the problem for BSOD?

Message 6 of 7
Mugsy101
Aspirant

Yes....in fact I actually took my desktop into the microsoft store, they do a free tune up and look at it and while the tech was working on it with norton diabled, every time the adapter was plugged in the BSOD came up.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7