× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect to Access Point (WAC120) though signal is excellent

Ringoko
Tutor

Can't connect to Access Point (WAC120) though signal is excellent

Model: Netgear WAC120 access point

Firmware: 2.1.6

I get bad wifi in my upstairs bedroom so wired this access point and have had strong wifi for about a year. Last week we had a powercut and I noticed the next day that my android TV wouldn't connect to the AP, it showed a strong signal but no internet. I think my tablet still connected but it may have defaulted to the downstairs router and I just hadn't noticed.

Anyway I tried multiple reboots and restoring to factory settings. I have now updated to the latest firmware 2.1.6. Where I am now is the AP works, I can access its settings on my PC, green lights on the device for wifi and internet, and it shows up as a strong signal on all my devices, but I can't access it with the wireless key. I haven't changed this at all, it's still the one printed on the base of the unit and I've been very careful to enter it correctly. But my devices always time out trying to connect.

I also tried forgetting the network on my android tv and mobile phone.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Ringoko
Tutor

Re: Can't connect to Access Point (WAC120) though signal is excellent

Managed to fix this by going to Configuration > Security > Edit and changing the network key.

Because the edit button is hidden in the bottom right of my large screen I couldn't find it for a while.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Ringoko
Tutor

Re: Can't connect to Access Point (WAC120) though signal is excellent

Managed to fix this by going to Configuration > Security > Edit and changing the network key.

Because the edit button is hidden in the bottom right of my large screen I couldn't find it for a while.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7