× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't download updates through Genie

RJL-web
Aspirant

Can't download updates through Genie

I have an AC1900 A7000 Wifi USB adapter.  Periodically, I get a notification that there is a software upgrade to install. When I try to do so, I get a message that "Downloaded file failed integrity check. The CD version of the software will be installed instead.  In the meantime, Genie has been downloading new software for at least 1.5 hours.  It appears to be stuck in a loop. (I'm using Genie version 1.0.0.11.)

What is going on?  How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Can't download updates through Genie

@RJL-web wrote:

I have an AC1900 A7000 Wifi USB adapter.  Periodically, I get a notification that there is a software upgrade to install.

What software are you trying to upgrade and where are you getting it from?

The software for the A7000 is fine. I just tried it.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number.

That page will have any software, firmware and drivers for your device.

@RJL-web wrote:

When I try to do so, I get a message that "Downloaded file failed integrity check. The CD version of the software will be installed instead. 

What are you doing when you see this message?

@RJL-web wrote:

In the meantime, Genie has been downloading new software for at least 1.5 hours.  It appears to be stuck in a loop. (I'm using Genie version 1.0.0.11.)

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iOS app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7