× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't locate NETGEAR_EXT Wi Fi on my phone.

Donbrad
Follower

Can't locate NETGEAR_EXT Wi Fi on my phone.

Trying to set up a Wi Fi Mesh Extender which uses Nighthawk.  It asks me to connect the NETGEAR_EXT Wi fi to my mobile phone.  This Wi Fi doesn't appear in a search and I've tried to put it in manually.  Tells me that it cannot find that NETGEAR_EXTR WI FI.  Frustrating.  What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 3

Re: Can't locate NETGEAR_EXT Wi Fi on my phone.

@Donbrad wrote:

This Wi Fi doesn't appear in a search and I've tried to put it in manually.  Tells me that it cannot find that NETGEAR_EXTR WI FI.  Frustrating.  What am I doing wrong?

Is that just on the phone? Can other devices see the SSID?

What tells you that it cannot find that NETGEAR_EXT?

What Netgear device are we talking about here? NETGEAR_EXT suggests a wifi extender.

You have put your message in the section for WiFi Adapters. That isn't likely to be involved in any communication with your phone.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't locate NETGEAR_EXT Wi Fi on my phone.

What extender do you have? 
That'd be nice to know as there's many "mesh" models that don't use a separate ssid but the same as the router. 

And if they're setup using wps, they'll automatically use that same ssid. 

Its designed so devices can choose to roam between extender/router as needed and without needing the input of the user. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7