× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't uninstall 3.1, or rollback to earlier drivers (Windows 10 issues)

TrevorHa
Follower

Can't uninstall 3.1, or rollback to earlier drivers (Windows 10 issues)

I apologize if this isn't the best spot for this. New here.

I just got Windows 10 on my machine, but the Wireless Adapter I previously used on a Vista-equipped PC isn't being recognized. I've been told I need to uninstall the new driver and roll it back to something earlier, before 3.0. 

I downloaded 3.0, 2.1, and 2.0 and uninstalled my driver, unplugged the adapter, restarted, and installed 2.1. However, every time I've attempted this - and I've double-checked and am pretty sure that the setup wizard says 2.1 - I look at the driver version once it's finished, and it keeps saying that it's 3.1.

I don't know if my adapter has somehow saved this setting, or if my computer has, or if it's just automatically updating to the most recent driver.

However, I have been unable to access any networks through Windows 10 using this adapter.

Is there anything I can do?

Model: WN111v2|RangeMax Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: Can't uninstall 3.1, or rollback to earlier drivers (Windows 10 issues)

Hi TrevorHa,

The adapter does not support Windows 10 OS. The driver only supports up to Windows 7 only.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Can't uninstall 3.1, or rollback to earlier drivers (Windows 10 issues)

Works here in Windows 10. I think I just installed the Windows 7 drivers and software.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7