× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't update software for WiFi adapter

RJL-web
Aspirant

Can't update software for WiFi adapter

I have an AC1900 A7000 Wifi USB adapter. Periodically, I get a notification that there is a software upgrade to install.When I try to do so, I get a message that "Downloaded file failed integrity check." The CD version of the software will be installed instead. In the meantime, Genie has been downloading new software for at least 1.5 hours. It appears to be stuck in a loop. (I'm using Genie version 1.0.0.11.)  I've run into this problem both when I respond to a prompt from Netgear that shows up on my screen and when I start the Netgear Genie program and click on "Netware adapter software is available. Click here to get it.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Seems to be the same problem that has unanswered questions here about what us going on:

Can't download updates through Genie - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 5

Message 3 of 5
RJL-web
Aspirant

I copied the query that I posted to Nighthawk WiFi Routers to this forum because a user indicated that I had posted in the wrong forum.

That user asked what genie I was using.  I was using Genie version 1.0.0.11 via the Windows desktop app. That user also asked what I was doing when I got this message:"Downloaded file failed integrity check. The CD version of the software will be installed instead."  I was trying to download an updated version of the Netware adapter software.

I tried downloading what I think is updated software from https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A7000.aspx#Software%20Version%201.0.0.15%20(Windows)  However, the zip file available from that page contains 2 files: A7000_Windows_1.0.0.15.exe and A7000_Windows_Standalone_V1.0.0.15.exe .  It's unclear which I should use.  Does anyone know? The accompanying notes say:

Software release version: v1.0.0.15
Standalone software release version v1.0.0.15

• Win 7/8/10 32/64 bits driver version: 1030.25.0701.2017
  • Windows 7/8/10 32/64 bit genie utility version: 1.0.0.15

but I don't know how to interpret that.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Message 4 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @RJL-web

Kindly download and install the latest driver version A7000 Software Version 1.0.0.15 (Windows)

You can just install the standalone driver (without NETGEAR Genie). 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7