× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect H8-1409 to ethernet

garen123
Aspirant

Cannot connect H8-1409 to ethernet

I've recently installed windows 7 to my HP ENVY H8-1409 which also runs windows 10 (dual boot). The problem I have now is I cannot connect to the internet via wifi or ethernet. I look in my device manager and it says some of my drivers need to be updated but my computer cant find them. when i look online for the drivers matching my computers model number and windows 7, i have no luck. Can only find for windows 8 and 8.1. I imagine it is because the computer was Windows 8 from the factory, but i feel there should still be a way around this issue.

Model: HA311|802.11a Wireless Integrated PCI Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Re: Cannot connect H8-1409 to ethernet

It looks like the HA311 dates back to 2002. I'd be surprised if there are drivers for recent versions of Windows. It might work with those bundled with Windows, but the best you'll get from Netgear is on the support pages for this dinosaur:

HA311 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

From what I can see, this thing does not have an Ethernet port. It is a wifi card. So why is that in your subject?

Is that really what you have? Or did you just pluck that number out of the Netgear system? If so, what Netgear hardware do you have?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7