× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant detect 5g network after downloading drivers

DurianS
Follower

Cant detect 5g network after downloading drivers

When I download the latest driver, all of a sudden my adapter can't detect the 5g network and when I tried deleting the driver the 5g network comes back up.  I have tried downloading an older driver but the same problem

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 5
CaptainChaos86
Aspirant

Re: Cant detect 5g network after downloading drivers

Hi I'm just wondering where in the world you are? Cause I see you have the 5G mobile network already. How is it so far? Is it allot faster than 3G/4G?
Message 2 of 5

I don't follow.

@DurianS wrote:

....when I tried deleting the driver the 5g network comes back up. 

Does that mean that you see 5GHz again when you remove the driver?

I assume that you have checked that the 5 GHz source is still working.

Message 3 of 5
CaptainChaos86
Aspirant

Sounds like you have a faulty modem in your possession. if your tried all the troubleshooting you can ring up netgear technical support and get a case number for a replacement modem then take it back to the retailer where you bought it from and ask for a replacement cause under Australian Consumer Law you have the right to ask for a refund,repair or replacement if the unit in question is Faulty and it doesn't matter how long you've had the unit in yhour pocession as loing as you have the receipt they have to do something about it.

Message 4 of 5
CaptainChaos86
Aspirant

have you tried updating the modem to the latest firmware vesion 1.0.0.51_1.0.1 to see if that helps and solves your issue, bar that try a full factory reset after you've updated to the latest firmware. I updated my modem to the lastest firmware as soon as i took my modem out of the box and connected the modem up and my 5ghz is working fine! the only problems i'm having with it is the wifi is dropping out on it to frequently and the modem is getting incredibly hot under normal operation which it shouldn't be as technology doesn't like to much heat.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7