× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Computer connects to router but no Internet connection

Willnida
Aspirant

Computer connects to router but no Internet connection

Hello everyone,
I have had my netgear WNA3100 wireless adapter for about a year now, and everything has been working fine. But just recently, it started acting up, and now it is saying that it is connected to my router, but not to the internet. I assure you that this is not a router problem, b/c my other devices function just fine. Any suggestions to help fix the problem? Thanks in advance for any help
Model: WNA3100|Wireless-N 300 USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Re: Computer connects to router but no Internet connection

Have you tried troubleshooting the connection in Windows?

I assure you that this is not a router problem, b/c my other devices function just fine.

That certainly points the finger at Windows. Recent updates to Windows 10 seem to have caused havoc all round.

Check the network settings to see that you are not on a public network all of a sudden.

Message 2 of 6
Willnida
Aspirant

Ironically, the windows troubleshooter wont work no matter what i do. Any ideas?
Message 3 of 6

@Willnida wrote:
Ironically, the windows troubleshooter wont work no matter what i do.

What does "won't work" mean? Won't start? Finds no problems? How are you starting the troubleshooter?

The former suggests that Windows is broken.

If the network icon is visible in the notification area, right click Open Network & Internet Settings. Then WiFi and look at the Network and Sharing Center and you should see if the wifi says that it is a Private network. If in it is a Public Network Windows will block you.

Another way in is Open Network & Internet Settings > WiFi > Manage Known Networks > Pick your wifi network > Properties. Then you can toggle Public/Private.

Message 4 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Willnida, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information michaelkenward provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
Shaggza
Initiate

Uninstalling my vpn client worked for me.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7