× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection Issues with Wifi USB Adapter Model A7000

SaltySalt
Follower

Connection Issues with Wifi USB Adapter Model A7000

So ive had this Nighthawk Ac1900 usb wifi adapter and its seems to be working besides one issue. About every hour or 2 the adapter will randomly stop its connection and i wont be able to access the internet and will interrupt an online match in a video game i play. Whats strange is that the wifi signal will still show 3 bars on my desktop screen but will not be able to connect to the internet. When i check the adapter it self the blue LED will be turned off. This mainly occurs in the middle of a game and not often when just browsing the web or listening to music. Ive tried many solutions but none seem to completely fix the issue. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Model: A7000|NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Connection Issues with Wifi USB Adapter Model A7000

Hi SaltySalt, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

What is the operating system of the computer? Kindly run continuous ping while playing online game and observe if you'll have ping spikes. Please ensure as well that you have the latest firmware on your router and latest driver for your adapter. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi SaltySalt, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

What is the operating system of the computer? Kindly run continuous ping while playing online game and observe if you'll have ping spikes. Please ensure as well that you have the latest firmware on your router and latest driver for your adapter. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi SaltySalt, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7