× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Entering password to connect MA101 adapter to R4500 router.

WalterDH
Aspirant

Entering password to connect MA101 adapter to R4500 router.

The adapter recognizes the SSID of the router, but I don't see how/where to enter the network password. The adapter's configuration utility (Security tab) allows me to enable encryption (WEP) and enter four keys, but there's no place for the network password.

Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: Entering password to connect MA101 adapter to R4500 router.

You are out of luck.  The R4500 doesn't support WEP.  I would get rid of the MA101.  WEP is fundamentally insecure.

Message 2 of 4
WalterDH
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. I'm willing to risk a very brief period of no security. But turning off encryption on the MA101 and on the R4500 didn't allow the MA101 to connect. It sees the SSID of the router, but apparently doesn't communicate through it; I can't do a successful ping. Any ideas short of replacing the MA101? (It's on a very old PC that has some special purpose software I use occasionally.)

Message 3 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Try lowering the 2.4 GHz wireless mode to Up to 54 Mbps in Wireless Setup on the R4500.  This should open up access to 802.11b devices.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7