× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender

johnkf
Aspirant

Extender

Model EXS6190
attached to my LG Smart Tv has been working great for 8 months. The problem now is 
" Lan disconnected   5-20 seconds later Lan connected " which disrupts any streaming via the internet .
distance to my nbn box is 14mtrs with one wall "plasterboard".

Tried to download  update but failed to logon to the unit
Your help would be appreciated 
Message 1 of 6

@johnkf wrote:
Model EXS6190

The EXS6190 does not exist. If it is an EX6XXX, then it is a wifi extender and not USB wifi adapter.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Home WiFi Adapters and Powerline. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 6
johnkf
Aspirant

I have attached a photo of my wifi extender Netgear Model EXS6190 as per the name plate 

my problem is am getting message " LAN disconected  which can last 5-30seconds the LAN connected this shuts down any prorgram from the internet.

Any help 

Thanks 

John

Message 3 of 6

@johnkf wrote:

I have attached a photo of my wifi extender Netgear Model EXS6190 as per the name plate 

Looks like something that Netgear made for Telstra. You won't find it in the Netgear support section. So you won't find any new firmware for it here.

Netgear doesn't usually support those third part devices, but it is a safe bet that it modelled on something in Netgear's own range. Same sort of form factor (shape) as the EX61XX range.

It remains an extender rather than something covered by Home WiFi Adapters and Powerline. So you are looking in the wrong place for help.

Try here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

Your description of what happens remains unclear. So if you do move your question to the right area are, you need to tell people a lot more.

Where do you see this message? A browser? The TV? Somewhere else?

What is this TV?

Message 4 of 6
johnkf
Aspirant

Thanks for the info have tried other site no luck am not happy as purchased this from Netgear site  now finding out piece of junk Conned out of $139.00 great .

Will not purchase any other netgear not happy 

John Foulds

Message 5 of 6

@johnkf wrote:

Thanks for the info have tried other site no luck am not happy as purchased this from Netgear site  now finding out piece of junk Conned out of $139.00 great .

I looked at the global Netgear site, not something local to you.

We still don't know where your problem lies. Extender or TV.

Maybe you should just replace your TV. From what you have told us, that is as likely as  anything to cause what you see.

But who knows? This is the wrong place to talk about it.

$139? I found it for half that price.

Buy Netgear EXS6190 AC1200 Dual Band Wifi Extender Telstra Max 1200Mbps - White online | Wireless 1 ...

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7