× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Fresh Win 10 install BSOD upon connection to network A6210

Schwarzoid
Aspirant

Fresh Win 10 install BSOD upon connection to network A6210

Hello Everyone,

So I just updated a home PC from windows 7 to windows 10 and did a 100% clean install. 

When trying to connect to a network, I get a BSOD as soon as click connect to network after inputting the password.

The type of BSOD crash is a BAD_POOL_HEADER and what is failing is A6210.sys.

I have tried resetting windows fresh and get the same error, with or without using the A6210 installation disk with both the suite and the standalone driver.

I am going to run a memtest64 to make sure its not faulty ram causing the issue, but I am somewhat convinced that its related to the network adapter drivers.

Any help for a fix on this would be much appreciated.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Schwarzoid
Aspirant

Re: Fresh Win 10 install BSOD upon connection to network A6210

I ended up being able to fix it on my own.

I went into the device manager and uninstalled all the known drivers and hardware from the PC.

I then downloaded the most recent drivers onto a thumb drive and installed the drives through that into the PC and I was able to connect to the network without getting a BSOD

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies

Windows 10 may not land with the best Windows drivers.

@Schwarzoid wrote:

Hello Everyone,

When trying to connect to a network, I get a BSOD as soon as click connect to network after inputting the password.

Wifi network? LAN?

Message 2 of 6
Schwarzoid
Aspirant

I am connecting wirelessly to one of those combo modem/routers that come from the ISP and am connecting with the WPA on the bottom on the router.

Message 3 of 6
Schwarzoid
Aspirant

Any ideas?  Would it help if I downloaded the drivers to a thumb drive on another computer and tried that method or something?

Its really annoying that I cannot connect to the internet and do anything with this computer.

Message 4 of 6
Schwarzoid
Aspirant

I ended up being able to fix it on my own.

I went into the device manager and uninstalled all the known drivers and hardware from the PC.

I then downloaded the most recent drivers onto a thumb drive and installed the drives through that into the PC and I was able to connect to the network without getting a BSOD

Message 5 of 6

Well done.

Like I said at the beginning, and as you have confirmed, Windows may not have the best drivers when you first install it.

Part of the problem is that it tries to use its own generic drivers rather than those written specifically for the hardware.

A common area where this happens seems to be LAN drivers. It is often better to get them from the chipset maker, or whoever made the motherboard with that LAN function.

You might like to mark your answer as Solved to help other people to find the solution when they turn up with a similar issue.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7