× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HTTP connection issues

cgCody
Aspirant

HTTP connection issues

Hello. I am having an issue with the initial HTTP handshake when trying to load any websites, or download files. It will either take 20-30 seconds, or I will get a "failed to connect to server" page. Once/If the connection is made, the speed is as fast as I would expect over WiFi.

Internet: Cox broadband 100Gb
WiFi connection is at ~90-95%
What I have tried: Installed latest firmware, power cycled router/modem, Connected A6100 to various USB 2.0/3.0 ports, Disabled Windows firewall, set router firewall to low protection, Connected to Google DNS server, cleared all software caches, and assured 802.11 mode is set to auto (And I don't believe anything on my network is below N).

I've also tried various net speed tests and it's the same thing; 20-30 seconds to connect, then decent down/up speeds.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 2
cgCody
Aspirant

Re: HTTP connection issues

Solved...
No worries, NetGear. You can also continue to disregard the email I sent you a week ago. I solved the problem by taking your **bleep**ty hardware back to the store after I realized I would get nowhere with your **bleep**ty customer service. Went with another brand that worked out of the box. Thanks for the help!
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7