× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to change channel in Smart Wizard

1976kjell
Initiate

How to change channel in Smart Wizard

Hi

Im new to this community and this is my first question

I have a netgear  WNA3100 wifi adapter and the last weeks my wireless network has been very unstable. Googled it found out that change channel could be a solution

Have downloaded the inSSIDer, but its not possible to change channel in that program

How can I change channel in smart wizard which is the WNA3100 utility?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

The Wi-Fi channel used by the WNA3100 is determined by the Wi-Fi router or Access point that it's connected to. You would need to log into the router or Access point and change the channel, there.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

The Wi-Fi channel used by the WNA3100 is determined by the Wi-Fi router or Access point that it's connected to. You would need to log into the router or Access point and change the channel, there.

Message 2 of 4
1976kjell
Initiate

Didnt knew how to log in to a router, but googled it and logged in. Now I have access to the router, and I hope that choosing channel 11 instead of auto will help, to get the wifi more stable

Just adding the the IP-adress in the andress bar on the browser, then the log in page for the router will appear 

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
ElkHair14
Aspirant

I have four WN2500RPs.  Got a way to put them all on a unique channel from the same router... would be a lot more versatile if it could be changed the other way around.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7