× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to connect Nighthawk A7000 to Fedora 33 with no internet access and no CD ROM?

robcampbell
Aspirant

How to connect Nighthawk A7000 to Fedora 33 with no internet access and no CD ROM?

My desktop is in a place were I can no longer have wired access.  So I did some research and a few reviews said this wifi adapter was the best.  I should've searched more specifically for Linux related articles but here I am now.  I see some references to using git and connecting to someone's project but not only does that seem a little suspect but I don't have internet access so... How would I be able to get this device to work on my desktop?

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: How to connect Nighthawk A7000 to Fedora 33 with no internet access and no CD ROM?

that device is only approved for mac/windows.
If you've found someone thats getting it working on linux, I'd simply move the computer to where there is wired access and then follow their guide. once its installed, move it back. or purchase a really long ethernet cable for the install process.
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to connect Nighthawk A7000 to Fedora 33 with no internet access and no CD ROM?

@robcampbell wrote:

I see some references to using git and connecting to someone's project but not only does that seem a little suspect but I don't have internet access so... How would I be able to get this device to work on my desktop?

You don't tell us what you read about getting your device to work in Linux, but if it is a case of installing something on your PC, then you may be able to download the necessary software/drivers elsewhere (with whatever you use to post messages here?). Then just go through the installation process while offline.

This is exactly the same process as you can use to install the drivers on a Windows PC with no CD drive.

Download drivers to one device > copy on to portable storage > move storage to PC > install from here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7