× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I need wifi!

TolisWorld
Follower

I need wifi!

I recently made a new computer and then noticed I needed to buy a extra part to connect to wifi. In the packaging of this wifi adapter it says to either insert the disk into your computer or go to the internet and download it there. My computer has no disk slot and i have no wifi so I can’t search. What do I do?
Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4

@TolisWorld wrote:
I recently made a new computer and then noticed I needed to buy a extra part to connect to wifi. In the packaging of this wifi adapter it says to either insert the disk into your computer or go to the internet and download it there. My computer has no disk slot and i have no wifi so I can’t search.

Do the second bit. Go to the internet and download it there.

There is a manual and other stuff for the A6120 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> A6210 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Here are the Release Notes:

A6210 Software Version 1.0.0.39 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Put the file on a USB drive, unzip it and go from there.

If you have a Windows PC, you may not need to download anything. Insert the A6210 and it may install the drivers for you.

Message 2 of 4
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

Another work around is:

If you have a cell phone, go to the website noted in the prior post, download the drivers to your phone, then use bluetooth to transfer it to your PC.

Surprising that you bought a PC that has absolutely NO wireless on it.  I didn't think they made those anymore.  Most motherboards have wireless built in don't they?

Message 3 of 4

@TC_in_Montana wrote:
I didn't think they made those anymore.  Most motherboards have wireless built in don't they?

Not in my experience. On-board wifi for a motherboard is rare. They are usually used in an Ethernet environment. That's why USB adapters are popular.

Laptops are another matter.

If you have a cell phone, go to the website noted in the prior post, download the drivers to your phone, then use bluetooth to transfer it to your PC.

Bluetooth is also rare on motherboards. That too requires a USB adapter.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7