× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Impossible to enable A6100 adapter with W8.1

dble57
Aspirant

Impossible to enable A6100 adapter with W8.1

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new A6100 adapter for my PC (a tower on W8.1 with all patches installed). I installed the last driver for W10. Installation succeded but when I look at network connection I see the Wi-Fi 3 driver but the adapter stays disabled. When I try to enable it, he says it is enabled, but when I look at status it is still disabled.

When I look in the device manager, he says that the device is working properly.

When I try to launch A6100 genius, I breefly see a command tool (about 1s) and nothing else.

Has somebody an idea of the cause of the problem.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards

Daniel

PS : I checked the USB connector, tried another one... But nothing more Man Sad

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 6
dble57
Aspirant

Re: Impossible to enable A6100 adapter with W8.1

I tested the adapter on another tower with W7. It is working correctly. So I think problem is related to Windows version (or configuration of my tower under W8.1)

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dble57,

Try to install it on a different Windows 8.1 computer and check if the same problem.

Message 3 of 6
dble57
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL

Sorry, but I have only 3 PC Smiley Wink one in W7, one in W8.1 and one in W10. On W7 and W10 it works perfectly.

I have perhaps and idea. When I configured first the dongle it created a device "Wifi 3"; On the moment I did not pay attention. After some reflexion I wondered if there was not other Wifi cards configured and not visible. Looking at the hidden devices I found ONE wifi declared. I removed it and when I reinstalled the dongle it created "Wifi 2" device. So I think that there is somewhere (but where ? ) another old wifi device declared but I could not find it.

Do you have an idea how to find it ?

Regards

Daniel

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dble57,

Does your computer has a built in wireless adapter?

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi dble57,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7