× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installation issues

Pdowdle
Follower

Installation issues

Hi, I just bought the A6100 wifi adapter and I followed the installation procedure as directed, but when it tells me to insert the adapter a message pops up saying that the driver installation has failed. Please help!
Message 1 of 2
Howdyp
Aspirant

Re: Installation issues

Hi Pdowdle,

You didn't say what kind of computer you were installing it in nor, the WIndows Operating System version you are using.  IN any case here a few best guesses you might try.  I had trouble with min at first too but got it to work by using one or more of these things.  First, if you are using a computer that has been upgraded to Windows 10, note there is probably a new software program for it.  Download it from the support site and uninstall the version you have installed now.  Then, reboot your computer and install the newest version.  It will tell you when to plug in the adapter and installing the driver should be automatic.  Next, or if your not using Win10, uninstall the software and reinstall it again.  If the driver installs correctly and still gets no Internet signal,  try resetting (unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in) your router and then reboot the computer again.  Immediate response depends on the version of windows your are using.  Last, if you are using an older laptop many were built with a hard to see wireless adapter switch.  It could be a slide switch located on an edge of the computer somwhere or it could be turned on and off by toggling a combination of the function and an F-Key.  Look for a stick with wavy lines around it.  If you were having difficulty with a built in adapter not working try this last step and note that some laptops have an led light to indicate when it is working.  If you get a built in adapter to work, you may not even need the NetGear adapter you purchased unless you are trying to improve the speed over the one that is built in.  If that is the case, make sure the built in one is turned off.   Hope this helps. - Howdyp

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7