× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My A6210 adapter stopped working!

Carlthesnake
Aspirant

My A6210 adapter stopped working!

One minute this adapter is working, shut off the computer, came back the next day and it stopped. The light doesn't come on and it is not recognized with I plug it in or take it out. Is there a battery in this? Why would it work one minute and stop the next?

Model: WNDA3100v2|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6
czargon
Aspirant

Re: My A6210 adapter stopped working! (mine disappeared completely!)

I have the same problem on two different machines both running Win10. Spontaneously, the adapter completely disappears from Device Manager. I tried uninstall / reinstall but the installer can't find the adapter. After a reboot (or two), the device comes back.

On one of my machines this was happening so frequently (like ten to twenty minutes) that I had to give up and revert to an older USB adapter.

I've seen a lot of issues reported online with this adapter, which seems to have had a series of issues with Win10, but no response from Netgear that addresses it.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: My A6210 adapter stopped working!

Hi Carlthesnake,

The adapter might be on sleep mode. Try this article to disable it.

https://kb.netgear.com/20940/Fix-wake-up-issues-for-USB-wireless-adapters

Message 3 of 6
Carlthesnake
Aspirant

Thank you, so much I looked at all my USB ROOTS and none of the boxes were checked. I appreciate your suggestion but it didn't work. Does anyone know what that button on the devise is for?

Message 4 of 6
czargon
Aspirant

I went into the Windows power settings and the Customize dialog and turned off entirely the options for USB hibernation /  power mgmt (sorry, don't have a PC in front of me right now so I don't recall the exact wording). I've been running like that for 48 hours and so far no recurrence.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 5 of 6
Carlthesnake
Aspirant

nothing works

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation