× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My A7000 Cannot detect 5GHz networks, but my other devices can.

PureW
Follower

My A7000 Cannot detect 5GHz networks, but my other devices can.

My desktop can detect the 2.4GHz network at my home but not the 5Ghz one when i use the A7000 adapter. My brother and I have the exactly same desktop, but he is using a different adapter (D-Link) on his desktop and he can use the 5GHz while it is not even appearing on my internet selections. I then borrowed his wifi adapter and the 5Ghz network came up in my internet selection, but when i use my own A7000, the 5Ghz network disappears again. So i am sure there is something wrong with my A7000 adapter since everyone else's device are working with the 5Ghz network. 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My A7000 Cannot detect 5GHz networks, but my other devices can.

Hi @PureW

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Was this working before? 

What is the Operating System of your computer? 

Please uninstall and install the standalone driver version. 

Kindly try changing the router 5GHz WiFi channel. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Entaum
Initiate

Re: My A7000 Cannot detect 5GHz networks, but my other devices can.

In case anybody still has still issue, here is the solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtCGyTxXzU4

Basically the issue is with the NetGear crapware that is installed (no idea why we are being forced such a bad piece of software):

- Find the NetGear folder in Program Files (x86)

- Copy the Driver folder anywhere else (desktop is fine)

- Go to Device Manager, right-click on your A7000 adapter, click Uninstall - Make sure to check "Delete the Driver Software"

- No need to restart, just ignore if prompted

- Go back to the Device Manager and find your A7000 adapter. It should now appear as an unidentified device (it its not, repeat uninstall step above)

- Right-Click on it and select Update Driver and select Browse My Computer for Driver Software

- Navigate to the Driver folder you copied in the second step and just click continue.

Problem should go away!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7