× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My A7000 USB3 wifi adapter's Advanced Tab for changing performance parameters disapeared.

GilroyLevon
Initiate

My A7000 USB3 wifi adapter's Advanced Tab for changing performance parameters disapeared.

My A7000 USB3 wifi adapter's Advanced Tab for changing performance parameters disapeared.  I changed a setting two days ago to run 5g only and wanted to change it back for both 2.4g and 5g but the advanced tab is missing.  Please help, thank you.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
GilroyLevon
Initiate

Re: My A7000 USB3 wifi adapter's Advanced Tab for changing performance parameters disapeared.

Fixed: After searching for a solution for a day and trying all the recomendations found of the Internet, nothing WORKED!  I found the information from Microsoft to be a waste of time.  It turns out, there was a very large Windows Update pending.  After installing the Windows update, the advanced settings tab for the A7000 USB3 wifi adapter returned!  My guess is Windows 10 either fixed it or allowed it to be seen again.  I will never know.  I have noticed that other program features would not allow changes unless you updated windows.  Just saying.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
GilroyLevon
Initiate

Re: My A7000 USB3 wifi adapter's Advanced Tab for changing performance parameters disapeared.

Fixed: After searching for a solution for a day and trying all the recomendations found of the Internet, nothing WORKED!  I found the information from Microsoft to be a waste of time.  It turns out, there was a very large Windows Update pending.  After installing the Windows update, the advanced settings tab for the A7000 USB3 wifi adapter returned!  My guess is Windows 10 either fixed it or allowed it to be seen again.  I will never know.  I have noticed that other program features would not allow changes unless you updated windows.  Just saying.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7