× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WNA3100M Mini USB WiFi Adapter fails to join the wireless network

PeteJRust
Follower

N300 WNA3100M Mini USB WiFi Adapter fails to join the wireless network

Hi and thanks for reading and helping me out, I really appreciate it.

I bought an N300 Mini USB Adapter two days ago, after an install from the disk (NETGEAR genie Version 1.2.0.4) the genie detected my network but after entering the password a message popped up saying "Failed to join the wireless network : -My SSID-"

After trying it multiple times it eventually connected to the network but wouldn't connect to the internet. I tried reinstalling the genie with my avast internet security completely disabled to no avail. Yesterday I looked on this website for an updated version and found 1.2.0.5 which I installed to no avail and today found another updated version 1.2.0.6 which I now have installed.

Now the "Failed to join" message pops up every time I enter the password.

USB Mini adapter model number : WNA3100M

Router : Eircom Zyxel F1000

Security Type : WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK

PC : Windows 8.1 64bit AMD A10-6700 APU

Internal devices listed under "Network Adapters" in device manager (apart from the Netgear USB) : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Please let me know if I need to post more information

Thank you so much for reading, any help is greatly appreciated!

-Pete

Message 1 of 2
JamesGL
Master

Re: N300 WNA3100M Mini USB WiFi Adapter fails to join the wireless network

Hi PeteJRust,

Have you tried installing it on a different computer with the same version of OS? This is just to isolate that the problem is with the adapter. Please check as well if the router has MAC filtering. If yes, try disabling it on the router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7