× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 wireless dual band usb adapter - as stand alone wifi extender

dds-35
Aspirant

N600 wireless dual band usb adapter - as stand alone wifi extender

Would like to have stronger wifi signal throughout my home.  Was about to purchase a "wifi extender" (the type that plugs into a wall socket), but came across this N600 that I purchased years ago but never installed....don't even remember why I purchased it.  Anyway....question is whether this device can be used as a wifi signal extender/amplifier & if so, should it be plugged into my router (Optimum D-Link DIR868L) which has a USB port or into a USB port on my desktop PC (Windows)?  

Message 1 of 4

Re: N600 wireless dual band usb adapter - as stand alone wifi extender

@dds-35 wrote:

but came across this N600 that I purchased years ago but never installed....

That's a wifi speed designation, not a device model number. Could be anything. Modem? Router? USB adapter? Wifi extender?

Message 2 of 4
dds-35
Aspirant

WNDA3100

@michaelkenward wrote:

@dds-35 wrote:

but came across this N600 that I purchased years ago but never installed....

That's a wifi speed designation, not a device model number. Could be anything. Modem? Router? USB adapter? Wifi extender?

Model: WNDA3100v1|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter
Message 3 of 4

@dds-35 wrote:

WNDA3100

That's a USB adapter. You use it to connect your Windows device to the wifi. It is not use for anything else.

Actually, probably not much use for anything these days.First launched in 2007, it is designed for Windows Vista and XP. Newer versions of the WNDA3100 (2014 for V3) promise to work with Windows 8.1. It is anybody's guess if it will do Windows 10.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7