× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR Genie The NETGEAR A6210 is not found?

kairukun93
Aspirant

NETGEAR Genie The NETGEAR A6210 is not found?

Hi, I recently purchased a NETGEAR A6210 AC1200 High Gain Wireless USB Adapter, the main issue is that when I tried to install NETGEAR Software "Genie" which it suppose to like update the USB WiFi Adapter's Firmware and manange drivers update, but the main problem is it's not being detected or message says "The Netgear A6210 Adapter is not found" I have Windows 10 Pro x64 with latest updates and service packs. The wireless is working fine, but when I check the Task Manager>Performance>Wi-Fi, the wifi mode is 802.11n instead of AC, so i figured this might be a firmware issue, and i need to update my USB wifi adapter's firmware, but i can install genie, if any of you folks have solution for this or the NETGEAR community, please I need answers, or else will be return to the store.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 26

Accepted Solutions
twnungesser
Aspirant

I had the same problem. I have only USB 2.0 but ended up installing the full .exe installer with Genie and could not get past this error until I just went back to the unzipped file and installed the Standalone file and to it to reinstall. I then plugged the device into the usb port and now it recognized the adapter!

View solution in original post

Message 21 of 26

All Replies
AshDeGois
Aspirant

i am having the exact same issue, so following this post

Message 2 of 26
kairukun93
Aspirant

I'm not saying it's a bad product, it's just that the OS Windows 10 has a lot of compatibility issues with the most USB Wi-Fi Product, it's just that Windows 10 hates USB WI-Fi adapaters. Even in Windows 8/8.1 had the issues with some of USB Wi-Fi Adapter. SO NETGEAR, PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM, also I notice the network mode is only going 802.11n instead of AC, so don't try to tell us that it is running at 802.11ac, that's false advertisement, and it can lead to misconceptions. 

Message 3 of 26
sshikles
Tutor

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. The adapter was working fine as I was online when I recieved the software update so I preformed the update thinking this will only take a couple of minutes, wrong! Ever since I incorporated the .35 update, the adapter has quit working. "The NETGEAR A6210 adapter is not found". I have tried the install on a different computer with the same result. Both are Win10 64 bit. I have also tried removing the .35 update and installed the .34 with the same results. It obviously not the computers so what happened with the update that caused the adapter to stop working?

Message 4 of 26
jimmer410
Aspirant

Have the same problem, does anyone have a solution, just seemed to happen after the latest windows 10 updates. dongle works fine, but the Netgear A6210 genie will not open even though I have installed the complete .35 software not the SA version. get to the point of plug in the adaptor, get not detected evert time.

Message 5 of 26
DaveinNE
Aspirant

I'm having the sme issue!  Please help! 

Message 6 of 26
km2783
Aspirant

Go to Device Manager, then Network adapters, right click 802.11ac wireless card and select properties, click the driver tab, and finally "roll back driver."

This worked for me, even if Windows says I'm connected to Ethernet now on the task bar. At least I have internet. And no, this computer has never been wired.
Message 7 of 26
km2783
Aspirant

Nothing else worked. No amount of trying to restart, uninstall .35 and reinstall .34 did anything. But that did. I'm using the connection right now.
Message 8 of 26
sshikles
Tutor

I believe I have discovered a solution to this issue, at least it has worked for me. I had the same issue with my adapter after the netgear update, the adapter quit working. There are two files, one is the Genie and the other file is the driver for the usb adapter. For reason that are unknown, the Genie won't reconize the adapter unles you install the adapter driver SEPARATLY. One would think that NETGEAR Genie would reconize the NETGEAR USB Adapter without having to reinstall the driver, but as the saying goes...that's what I get for thinking!! Smooth move there Netgear.

Model: Netgear A6210|AC 1200 usb adapter

O\S: Win10 64bit Pro

Steve Shikles

Message 9 of 26
DaveinNE
Aspirant

The problem actually began with the update from Netgear, the windows update occured the say day.  I've tried most of the suggestions and it still wont' work.  Have wasted 3 hours already.  I'm very dissatisfied with Netgear!  I haven't figured out how to install the driver separately as SShikles suggested.  

Message 10 of 26
sshikles
Tutor

Hi DaveinNE,

Download the the .35 software update "Software version 1.0.0.35" to a folder and unzip it. When it is unzipped you will have three files

A6210_v1.0.0.35.exe (this is the genie software)

A6210_v1.0.0.35_Release Notes.html

A6210_v1.0.0.35-StandAlone.exe

The A6210_v1.0.0.35-StandAlone.exe is the usb adapter driver. This is the one I had to reinstall after the Genie update.

Message 11 of 26
DaveinNE
Aspirant

SShikles  you are the best!   I did what you said. I then went to settings and connected that way.  The computer searched for my wifi networked and I logged in through settings.  A great wast of 4 hours.  I need this for business and Netgear caused me to lose 4 hours of valuable time.  Thank you SShikles. 

Message 12 of 26
km2783
Aspirant

Fwiw now windows shows wireless vs ethernet now, too, since I've rebooted
Message 13 of 26
sshikles
Tutor

DaveinME, I'm glad that it worked for you and thank you for the compliment though I am far from deserving it. When it happened to me, I was watching Netflix and the update poped up and I thought this will only take a couple of seconds...way wrong answer, lol!! A couple of hours that night and some sleep did I realize the next day that maybe that is why Netgear included the driver download. Still seems odd to me that this wasn't mentioned in the readme file. I hope you're business wasn't adversally affected to much because of this.

Message 14 of 26
jprife
Star

This procedure also works:

1. Run the file: A6210_v1.0.0.35 and as usual wait for the 'Plug in your adapter' message. 

2. When you get the 'Adapter not detected', click Cancel

3. Leave the adapter plugged in, do not remove it and go to Device Manager.

4. Under Network adapters you will see: 802.11ac Wireless LAN Card

5. Double click on this and goto the Driver Tab.

6. Click on 'Update Driver'

7. Now choose 'Browse My computer for Driver Software'

8. Now click, 'Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer'

9. Choose Netgear A6210 Wifi usb 3.0 adapter and click Next. The driver will be installed

10. Close down device manager.

11. Go to your wifi / internet iceon in the bottom right of your screen. If you are wired, change this to wireless and then connect to your network. 

12. The adapter should now be working

13. I then went to here: http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic and downloaded the genie software independently of the A6210 software and installed it.

14. It actually worked and now runs ok under Windows 10 with anniversary. Its a pain, I know, but until Netgear sort themsleves out it works, and to be honest the adapter itself is very good and when connected to my virgin Superhub 2 I'm getting 140mbs download. compared to 10 over my very o

Message 15 of 26
formatteddad
Initiate

I tried the procedure you outlined and it worked. I had tried my adapter on three computers with the same adapter not found message. How in the heck does Netgear stay in business with such terrible software? Thanks for saving me from pulling any more of what little hair I have left out.

Message 16 of 26
jimmer410
Aspirant

My problem is not getting the adapter working, but the installed A6210 genie will not open.
Message 17 of 26
WAS_1
Aspirant

Me too. The adaptor works ok, but the A6210 Genie won't display on the W10 Pro Desktop - it just flashes an outline screen and then disappears. The Netgear Genie works ok.

Andrew

Message 18 of 26
formatteddad
Initiate

I then went to here: http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/discover/apps/genie.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic and downloaded the genie software independently of the A6210 software and installed it.

Message 19 of 26
WAS_1
Aspirant

That is the Netgear Genie (which works ok) NOT the A6210 Genie - which is different and has stopped working with the latest W10 updates.

Andrew

Message 20 of 26
twnungesser
Aspirant

I had the same problem. I have only USB 2.0 but ended up installing the full .exe installer with Genie and could not get past this error until I just went back to the unzipped file and installed the Standalone file and to it to reinstall. I then plugged the device into the usb port and now it recognized the adapter!

Message 21 of 26
Janvdb
Aspirant

HI,

I did the same, but you end up with working drivers and NO  A6210 Genie software installed.

Still waiting for an update that will have BOTH  drivers and working Genie softwar.

SO in my opinion problem is NOT solved completly, This is just a workaround.

Regard,

Jan

Message 22 of 26
nescogear
Aspirant

This is the most ridiculous support forum ever.

Mods closing threads and indicating that an issues is solved, is so **bleep** unproductive and unhelpfull.

I've lost more times reading same threads and getting redirected to non-working "solutions" than anything.

Message 23 of 26
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Please provide me your contact information.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 24 of 26
bzliteyear7
Tutor

hi, 

i just bought this and tried many of the suggestions from forum, but still not working. 

is there a ph# that i can call besides calling patrick lo? thx.
patrick 

Message 25 of 26
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7