× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear wnda 3100v2 Won't Work Windows 10

tbhesswebber
Aspirant

NetGear wnda 3100v2 Won't Work Windows 10

THIS IS NOT A REPEAT OF PREVIOUS POSTS THAT I CAN TELL.

I have now installed (and uninstalled) the newest Genie 5 times and the newest stand alone 3 times (and downloaded the files from the Netgear site 3 times).  Despite this, I am still showing the old driver version from 2010. (5.100.68.29)

I can tell when my internet is about to go out because my computer starts working really hard for about 30 seconds and then the wireless becomes just intranet and then finally the adapter will disable itself.  I have unchecked the box that allows Windows to power off the device every time that I have installed the drivers.

Why does the newest software that says it supports Windows 10 keep installing the old software on my computer?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: NetGear wnda 3100v2 Won't Work Windows 10

Glad to know it works now. Feel free to provide feedback.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi tbhesswebber,

Please make sure to completely remove the driver of the adapter on your computer. Remove it on programs and also remove the NETGEAR folder under program files. Remove as well the Genie. Reinstall the adapter's driver for windows 10 after removing the previous programs and drivers.

Message 2 of 5
tbhesswebber
Aspirant

I just tried that and it worked!! Finally have the answer after 4 months!  Thanks!

During the install I did get an "error 0x00000??" but I can't remember the last two digits and I am not uninstalling again unless my connection drops again in the next day or two.

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Glad to know it works now. Feel free to provide feedback.

Message 4 of 5
tbhesswebber
Aspirant

So far so good!  I think we can count this as solved!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7