× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A2610 genie won´t work

Mark_S1122
Follower

Netgear A2610 genie won´t work

My Netgear A2610 recently stopped working, so I looked at the device manager and it siad that there was a problem with the drivers. So I uninstalled the drivers, downloaded the newest version onto an USB stick and tried to reinstall it. I got the error Message 1605 stating that it could only do this for things that are currently installed. I tried the other option and got the same error message. I looked on the internet again and there I was told to go to start>programs> (find the thing that I want to uninstall) and uninstall it. I got the error message 1628 stating that there was a "script error". I don´t know what to do please help.

Message 1 of 2
bryan441
Guide

Re: Netgear A2610 genie won´t work

Please follow the below steps. I guess it might help you.

1. Check the connections of your devices. Make sure that each cable connection is secure. 2. Refresh your cable connection by power cycling your network. For more information, see How do I power cycle my home network?.

3. Download the latest firmware for your router at https://www.netgear.com/support/. After you download the firmware, see the following article for instructions on how to manually upgrade your router’s firmware: How How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router?.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7