× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6210 USB WiFi Adaptor -WiFi Keeps Disconnecting/Reconnecting

guitarsould2019
Follower

Netgear A6210 USB WiFi Adaptor -WiFi Keeps Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Netgear A6210 bought in 2014, Using on ASUS Desktop, Intel Core i7, 16 GB Ram, Win10, using 3.0 USB at front fo computer.

Firmware has latest update, Driver Ver 5.1.35.0

I am using an eero WiFi Network with three version 2 base units and two original version 1 base units. Don't seem to have any issues with the eero system. The main eero base unit is connected with an ethernet cable to a Linksys 24x8 Cable Modem, Model #CM3024 from Costco, which is connected to my Spectrum Cable Internet Service.

My computer always connects when computer boots up.  But about a month or two ago, it started to disconnect intermittently for 4-10 seconds and then always reconnect.  I cannot detemine a pattern or cause, nor relate to anything I doing at the time of each occurance..

Is there any test or precedure to determine if the adapter is failing and should be replaced, or, what might be triggering the disconnect?

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear A6210 USB WiFi Adaptor -WiFi Keeps Disconnecting/Reconnecting

Hi guitarsould2019, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We suggest to do the following: 

- Please go to device manager and look for A6210 under Network Adapters

- Double-click on NETGEAR A6210 to open adapter properties

- Go to Advanced Tab, look for "Automatically turn off device to save power" and set it to Disable

- Click OK and observe the connection 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7