× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6210 Wireless Adapter Ping jumps

Nuxi
Aspirant

Netgear A6210 Wireless Adapter Ping jumps

I have a Netgear A6210 Wireless Adapter that I got because my desktop computer does not have a wireless adapter. I installed the drivers and It worked good but when I play csgo my ping is fine until some time later when it goes way up high and I start lagging. But that only lasts for a couple of seconds and then i'm back to normal. I have tried to reinstall diffrent versions of the drivers but it happens with all of them. I have even tried changing the wireless channel on my router.

I don't use the genie. Just the standalone driver. (It does also happen with the genie).

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 11
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Netgear A6210 Wireless Adapter Ping jumps

Tried both bands? Tried different channel?

Message 2 of 11
Nuxi
Aspirant

Yes both bands and diffrent channels.

Message 3 of 11
VE6CGX
Master

Do you have USB2 port as well as USB 3 on your desk top? Then try both ports.

Message 4 of 11
Nuxi
Aspirant

I have now tried 2 diffrent USB 3 and 2 diffrent USB 2 and the same thing happens...

Message 5 of 11
VE6CGX
Master

Wonder if you are using Genie? If yes, completely deinstall the software suite(Genie + driver) then just try the free standing driver only.

Message 6 of 11
Nuxi
Aspirant

I don't use the Genie. And I have tried re installing the drivers multible times. Even older versions.

Message 7 of 11
VE6CGX
Master

For me, last thing is whether this problem happens at certain time of day. Usually in the evening 'net traffic is busier if there not enough

bandwidth availabe this kinda thing can happen.  Iam in a way lucky not having those problems. Run speed test at different times of the day. Is it steady at full speed you supposes to get from your ISP?

Message 8 of 11
Nuxi
Aspirant

I tried running speedtest a few times some days ago at diffrent times. They are nearly completaly same. And I did use a powerline before and it was completely stady. So I belive it's the device.

Message 9 of 11
VE6CGX
Master

Seems like it then. When I do ping test I pick known target like www.yahoo.com same with speed test.

Message 10 of 11
Nuxi
Aspirant

So I have to buy a new one.... ?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements