× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6210 adapter not found

jordarn
Tutor

Netgear A6210 adapter not found

Yesterday a Netgear Genie dialog box popped up on my Windows 10 PC and it automatically downloaded an update. I clicked install and now my A6210 adapter no longer works. No lights come on on the device. I have tried multiple USB ports. I have deleted and reinstalled drivers. I have tried older drivers. Now when I try to install the Netgear software it just says "The NETGEAR A6210 adapter is not found". This is ridiculous I payed almost $60 for this adapter. There are SO MANY issues people are having with this adapter. I will never buy another Netgear product if this is how you support your devices. I have lost 2 days of work now because of this and have spent over 5 hours trying every possible solution. I will not pay for your "Premium Support" just to use a device that your company broke. Maybe that is just part of your business model.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 7

Re: Netgear A6210 adapter not found

What was the download that you clicked? Something from Netgear? A Microsoft Windows update?

Do you have a Windows restore point that you can revert to that predates the update?

Message 2 of 7
jordarn
Tutor

I do not have a rollback in Windows. I updated my copy of Windows 10 a few weeks ago but had no issues. I believe the driver update started automatically through the Netgear Genie application. It downloaded itself and then asked if I wanted to install the update. I did and then it had me restart my computer. That was when it stopped working.

Message 3 of 7

@jordarn wrote:

I do not have a rollback in Windows.

Unless you have disabled this feature, Windows keeps regular Restore Points – this is not the same as a full system image – not just when Windows updates. Mine currently go back a couple of weeks.

They will get wiped out if you keep doing stuff.

@jordarn wrote:

It downloaded itself and then asked if I wanted to install the update.

I didn't know that USB adapters came with that horrible feature. It is something that newer routers offer, but I turn it off.

Message 4 of 7
jordarn
Tutor

Thanks I will have to take a look at that later. I have already ordered a replacement (D-Link AC1900) but I might return it if I can get this Netgear one to work again

Message 5 of 7

Have you looked in Windows device manager for "hidden devices"?

They are invisible by default. Get Windows to display them and then removing the device completely from the USB section forces your PC to forget it completely so that you can reinstall from scratch.

One thing that other people have also reported is that they don't need any Netgear software or drivers to get their adapters to work. These things all use the same chips and Windows has support built in.

Message 6 of 7
jordarn
Tutor

Tried that still no luck Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements