× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6210 not working and LED won't turn on

Ploopy
Aspirant

Netgear A6210 not working and LED won't turn on

I got this WiFi adapter about 6 months ago, and somehow got the drivers working. But yesterday I tried to install the MediaTek MT7612U driver to see if that would help by uninstalling the Netgear Genie one and replacing it. Unfortunately, I did not know what I was doing and screwed up, so now it won't work and I cannot rollback the driver. I've installed it and reinstalled for a few hours and followed other solutions to no prevail. I even followed koidave's solution but Everytime it's installing the driver it just says "This operation returned because the timeout period expired." So now I'm stuck and I need a little help. I at least want to try and salvage this adapter so I don't have to get a new one. Also in the general section is a Code 56 (Windows is still setting up class configuration for this device) if that helps.
My OS is Windows 10 x64.
Thank you.
Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Ploopy
Aspirant

Re: Netgear A6210 not working and LED won't turn on

I have fixed the problem already, what caused this was apparently it won't install the adapter correctly unless there is internet, or I uninstalled it incorrectly. I then did a network reset to see if that would work, but that just corrupted all of my network drivers. I even bought a new network adapter but that didn't work. Then I reset my computer and installed a fresh version of Windows 10 with Ethernet plugged in. After that I downloaded the drivers and installed it with Ethernet and it worked perfectly. At first the LED didn't come on but after I rebooted the computer, it turned on and still works to this day.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Ploopy

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Error Code 56 is known to occur when your network adapter has conflict with a third-party VPN software. Do you have a third-part VPN software installed? If so, please try to uninstall the software, restart the computer and check again. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Ploopy
Aspirant

I have fixed the problem already, what caused this was apparently it won't install the adapter correctly unless there is internet, or I uninstalled it incorrectly. I then did a network reset to see if that would work, but that just corrupted all of my network drivers. I even bought a new network adapter but that didn't work. Then I reset my computer and installed a fresh version of Windows 10 with Ethernet plugged in. After that I downloaded the drivers and installed it with Ethernet and it worked perfectly. At first the LED didn't come on but after I rebooted the computer, it turned on and still works to this day.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7