× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6210 randomly disconnects from WiFi

connorkoz
Aspirant

Netgear A6210 randomly disconnects from WiFi

Hello, I purchased the wireless adapter (A6210) quite some time ago, and I am fed up with problems. At random times, the wifi connection will stop working. On the bottom right of my screen, itll show im still connected to my network. however, i dont have any connection at all. I am left to disconnect from my network, and then reconnect. This is very frustrating. I have the latest drivers installed and I turned power saving options off. Thanks.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear A6210 randomly disconnects from WiFi

it could be more than one thing. Wifi can have issues from location, interference from other devices, to problems with the router itself. For instance, I used to (emphasis on used to) have a microwave that would knock everyone off the internet anytime it was run. Not saying this is whats going on but troubleshooting requires more than focusing on one device.

What router are you running? Firmware on router?

How big is your home? 

What is the device in relation to the router?

Is the device left on all the time?

have you tried the A6210 in a different device to see if the issue is reproducible with the adapter? Windows isn't always innocent. 

Tried switching wifi channels on the router?

is it only this device?

Message 2 of 3
connorkoz
Aspirant

Re: Netgear A6210 randomly disconnects from WiFi

Sorry for the late response!

I am currently connected to a Xfinity Xfi gateway 

My home is quite large, but the router is directly above my PC, probably 10 feet away through a floor. I use the device for gaming, and it is only on for no more than 6 hours a day.

This is the 2nd PC i have built, both PCs have had the same problem with the adapter.

Yes, its only this device. I have another PC that connects fine, and that doesnt use the A6210.

If it helps, I see my download speed gets to zero. (I see this via net debug stats on a game. It still shows an upload speed, and it still shows my ping. However, whenever I experience this problem, the download speed hits zero. After it disconnects,  a few minutes later the wifi symbol on the bottom right gets a yellow exclamation mark, and itll say "No Internet access" Then, after a few more minutes, the device will completely turn off/disconnect from my computer, and itll turn back on by itself. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: when going into netgear genie when the problem is occuring, it shows it is connected to the router, but not connected to the internet

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7