× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A7000 Genie Softwere Does Not Work, WPS Light Does Not Light Up, Can't Install New Driver

GillyD6002
Follower

Netgear A7000 Genie Softwere Does Not Work, WPS Light Does Not Light Up, Can't Install New Driver

I need a lot   of help.

Around 5 days ago,  my  Nighthawk Internet adapter just shut off. The   LED turned off  , I cannot open the genie software, and  device manager says the driver I tried to update ran into some errors every time I tried to update the driver. My computer recqonizes the adapter and my extension is not faulty. Ive tried every single youtube video out there and none of them have worked. I have restarted many times but it won't work. I am not sure if the  usb 3.0 is being used as a 2.0 or if it my adapter itself. I've uninstalled and deleted all things related to netgear numerous times and  still, it does not turn on or work. Any help is appreciated. 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear A7000 Genie Softwere Does Not Work, WPS Light Does Not Light Up, Can't Install New Dr...

Hi @GillyD6002

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

What is the operating system of your computer? 

Kindly uninstall the driver and install the stand-alone driver version. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7