× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1200 USB WiFi Adaptor

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear AC1200 USB WiFi Adaptor

Hi  i have never posted anywhere before for help so to anyone that can help i would be grateful. i am looking at updating my wifi adapter and i have been looking at buying  a Netgear AC1200 USB WiFi Adaptor but i only have USB 2 will this work. i use windows 7 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
realdead_man
Apprentice

Re: Netgear AC1200 USB WiFi Adaptor

Because I want to hurt the company like they have hurt me.

A ton of people have had trouble with all 6xxx cards.

Forewarned is forearmed

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
realdead_man
Apprentice

Please please save yourself time, money, and trouble!  Do not buy anything from NETGEAR. 

Spend a minute browsing this board, and you will know.   Netgear is crap now a days.

Asus Or intel,  cant go wrong!!!

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

i understand your feeling as to the reply but if people buy a product with a brand name like yourself who seems not to like Netgear WHY login to that brand names site forum saying Do not buy anything from NETGEAR. i have read reviews which people say its good i dont make a decision based on one persons point of view  i am just asking a simple question will a USB3 Wifi Adapter work on USB 2 for which is the reason i came on here & posted the question. 

Message 3 of 6
realdead_man
Apprentice

Because I want to hurt the company like they have hurt me.

A ton of people have had trouble with all 6xxx cards.

Forewarned is forearmed
Message 4 of 6
realdead_man
Apprentice

Yes, it will work on USB 2.   in fact, very few people can get it TO work on USB 3.

ALL USB 3 thingies are backward compatible.   I think it is required to be certified USB

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi thanks for an answer for which i do appreciate. i have no idea why you say I want to hurt the company like they have hurt me. A ton of people have had trouble with all 6xxx cards. have no idea what 6xxx cards & really i dont want to know, i have never had any problems with netgear products & have found their products to be very reliable, thats why i was looking at this option. im sorry you feel agrevied with netgear & im sure netgear will survive as they are bigger than one man. you seem a very nice person with a grudge if  i were you i would stop bothering yourself with such things, life is to short to bother about minor annoyances i have several tee shirts from such things

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7