× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear is horrible.

sadmath
Guide

Netgear is horrible.

Seriously?
Out of 5 Netgear products over the years, I've only had one that actually worked. It was a refurbished wireless g router for $16 back in 2009. Since then, I've had 2 wireless cards and 2 routers. All failed. Every. Single. One.

Right now my WNDA3100v2 card that I just bought brand new keeps disappearing from device manager. Have to unplug it and plug it back in to get 10-20 minutes of internet.

Before this, it was an N600 router. Worked for a week, then started to fail. Wired connections were fine, but the 2.4 ghz channel was horrible and eventually stopped working altogether.

Now I have a WNDR4500v3 router and the 2.4ghz channel absolutely sucks compared to other routers. My Belkin usb card would trigger a total router reboot. New firmware fixed this. Now, it's fine but intermittently gets throttled to 3mbs. Bought a new wireless card for 5g. It fails every 10 minutes.

Do you guys even care anymore? Have you completely given up? Why should I continue to buy your products or, being an IT nerd, why should I EVER reccomend any Netgear product to ANYONE?

Yes, I've tried every ****ing solution offered by customers because Netgear doesn't even seem to bother to help people anymore.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to keep this computer online for more than a few mintues until my new wireless card (NOT NETGEAR) arrives on Jan 3?

Model: WNDA3100v2|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
NitgearSuxBig
Aspirant

Re: Netgear is horrible.

Every router I have ever owned has simple and basic functions that work without issue . Yet every single time I use a Netgear device whether it is a router or one of there network adapters or modems the software that they use is soooooo outdated and incomprehensibly without even the simplest common functions of there conpetitors. there software has never worked as intended. There is always something wrong and as always it gets ignored by them year after year... A good example of this is there very well known attached devices bug that comes with every router for the past 15 years. Yes... I said 15 years and yet still no fix..no attempt and no remorse. You see, every non netgear router can see EVERY device on its network without issue (For some reason netgear relies completely on netbios to see attached devices however even that fails so often there is no reason to even have a option for it). Every other non Netgear router can have more than 20 port forward or trigger rules (some only with non-official firmware but at least it is doable) Every other non (recent) Netgear router is smart enough to recognize new devices without issue instead of the usual 30% chance that you will have to reboot the router it can even connect (I still dont understand why that happens when EVERY OTHER non netgear router has no issues...EVER doing this. You may say 30% is low but when its supposed to be 0% it matters)

I've written better software on my TRS80 when I was a teenager. I guess your wondering why I take the plunge off the deep end of sanity to even take the chance with a netgear device but you have to understand that I dont have a choice most times with the tech I use however I try to recommend alternatives and if the warnings are heeded then its great...if not well, another forum rant? ...
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7