× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network adaptor not found A6100 WiFi adaptor

ScottCahill
Aspirant

Network adaptor not found A6100 WiFi adaptor

5783DDFD-E15F-4A0A-8F31-97E0B76FE364.jpeg

I cannot figure this out. The crazy thing is, I bought an A6100 WiFi USB adapter and got it to work. I downloaded from the disc, found my network, and was online. My mistake was updating the software. I’ve been stuck for 2 hours since then. I guess rtwlanu_XP.sys is not found. I click it on the cd rom, I click the Netgear file nothing. It thinks forever and says file not found. If I click next on the genie dialog box, it thinks for 10 minutes and says adapter not found.

i found a similar post:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/A6100-Wireless-Adapter-Not-Detected-By-Computer/td-p/...

But their answer in photos says to manually instal driver via device manager. I can’t find that on my computer. It’s an older os and I’m not very good with networking. I did restart. I reinstalled. I’ve uninstalled then reinstalled. About to give up but help would be appreciated.

Model: A6100|WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 5
ScottCahill
Aspirant

Re: Network adaptor not found A6100 WiFi adaptor

An update, I did find device manager but no matter what I do, it asks for rtwlanu_XP.sys. Maybe I need to download this on another computer and put it on mine via a thumb drive? Not sure if this is some file that is widely used and I can find it on the internet.

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 5
Lukeqtnz
Aspirant

I have experienced the exact same issue when following the software update. Does anyone please have any advice how to resolve this?
Message 3 of 5
Lukeqtnz
Aspirant

Scott, have you had any assistance with this at all or managed to resolve the issue?
Message 4 of 5
ScottCahill
Aspirant

Good news, I figured it out two days later.

i downloaded the rtwlanu_XP.sys file from:

https://www.pconlife.com/download/otherfile/76637/c6cde470bdea5f41414220e024ce4765/

Enter the captcha and save. My next problem was I was saving the file in C:Windows/sys32/drivers or whatever it is, that doesn’t work. You have to save it right where that error box was looking:

C:program files\netgear\A6100\driver

Maybe a restart and I was golden. It asked if I wanted to update and I said no way, it’s working I’m not messing. Not bad for someone who hates routers and all. Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7