× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New A6200 doesn't connect after restart.

denny1514
Follower

New A6200 doesn't connect after restart.

Hi Guys,

Having issue with A6200 not connecting after restart, i have to take it out and plug it back up then it reads it. Is this normal or is there a fix for this?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 60
cilonie
Aspirant

Hi denny1514,

Have you tried connecting the wireless adapter on other USB slot?
Is the wireless adapter directly connected to your computer or you are using the Desktop Dock?
What is the operating system of your computer?

You may try to install the wireless adapter to a different computer and check if you will encounter the same problem.
Message 2 of 60
Dacow79
Aspirant

denny1514 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Having issue with A6200 not connecting after restart, i have to take it out and plug it back up then it reads it. Is this normal or is there a fix for this?

thanks in advance

I have the same issue. Are you running Windows 7 x64?
Message 3 of 60
Adohl
Novice

When I was running windows 7, there was no problems at all. But since installing windows 8 recently, I've had nothing but trouble.
Message 4 of 60
emondragon
Novice

I too was having the same problem. I discovered when I upgraded from .18 to .26 firmware the problem of not starting up again began. My setup is HP TouchSmart 600 using Windows 7 64bit computer. I uninstalled the .23 firmware and installed again the .18 firmware and problem was solved. I'm afraid to use the firmware updates.
Message 5 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

I am having the same issue.

After the upgrade I am have an issue where after boot up my a6200 will not connect to my R6300 until I unplug the adaptor and plug it back in.
Message 6 of 60
WirelessWacko
Aspirant

Just did a fresh install with Windows 7 x64 after having some problems with windows 8, Everything seemed to be working fine until the first reboot for drivers.

I have to disable the A6200 through windows, or disconnect the adapter manually. It always seems to work after the first try....
Message 7 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

Has anyone else upgraded their adaptor and not have this problem?
Message 8 of 60
TheGuy
Initiate

This may not be the answer some of you want but a fix for this is to create a batch file and run it at start up using task scheduler at logon.

@echo on

netsh interface set interface "NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter #2" DISABLED

ping localhost -n 6 > nul

netsh interface set interface "NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter #2" ENABLED

This batch file disables and reanables the adapter after 5 seconds. The ping command acts as a pause. You may need a longer pause.

I changed my adapter name so you'll need to get the name off of you system and make the appropriate changes.

Hope This Helps!
Message 9 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

lol LIKE I'M GOING TO DO THIS.....
This should work correctly without all this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a work-a-round I just reach over and unplug and plug it back in....
Message 10 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

Okay,
I just submitted a ticket with support.
I told them to come look at this (their) forum and they will see others with the same issue.

This has something to do with the new Firmware they distributed.
Message 11 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

Just got off the phone with Netgear support:

We had to down grade to the A6200_V1.0.0.18_Setup version and the issue is fixed.
They have logged it as a bug and they will be fixing it in the next version of the driver.
Message 12 of 60
Strife2211
Aspirant

I had the same issue, every time a firmware update comes out... crash and burn. At one point I was actually up to "NETGEAR A6200 WiFi Adapter #7" due to the adapter being so fubar.

Other times, I'll turn my computer on, and the adapter doesn't even exist in the system anymore. Or the "file cannot be found" or there are "driver issues".

And it's not getting any better.

The sad part is, I did a clean install, formatted both harddrives, etc. to wipe all the crap that NetGear was throwing around my harddrive and start over "fresh" with the latest firmware update.

Alas, same problem.

File couldn't be found, driver errors, or taking an unGodly amount of time to find the driver with every startup.

It's been about 2 days since that wipe.

I actually had to go in and delete ALL of my USB ports out of Driver Manager, which didn't fix it, but when I turned my computer on like 2 days later, it mysteriously worked.

:confused: Who knows.

The only advice I can really give is to back up your A6200 drivers when they are ACTUALLY working.
Message 13 of 60
Strife2211
Aspirant

And BTW, I've owned the A6200 since the day it hit the shelves... So I'm not some kid who picked it up last week and I'm crying about a few hiccups. I've literally done 4 system wipes since November alone, just to get the A6200 working again. lol
Message 14 of 60
Fuby
Aspirant

I'm having the same issues.. brand new A6200.. latest drivers.. latest bios.. as of this date of posting...and no connect on reboot... unplug it.. plug it in and it connects right up... unfortunate for me..it needs to be able to be connected on bootup.. so it might have to be thrown in the trash or returned..

come on netgear.. you cant be on the cutting edge .. when you can't even make it into a reboot..
Message 15 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

Fuby wrote:
I'm having the same issues.. brand new A6200.. latest drivers.. latest bios.. as of this date of posting...and no connect on reboot... unplug it.. plug it in and it connects right up... unfortunate for me..it needs to be able to be connected on bootup.. so it might have to be thrown in the trash or returned..

come on netgear.. you cant be on the cutting edge .. when you can't even make it into a reboot..

Do not use the latest firmware. you have to downgrade to the previous version and then it will connect on boot up.
Message 16 of 60
Fuby
Aspirant

Mark_K wrote:
Do not use the latest firmware. you have to downgrade to the previous version and then it will connect on boot up.

Backed down to 1.0.0.8 and it did find it on reoot..will see how this goes and hope the next version remembers to add it back in..
Message 17 of 60
Fuby
Aspirant

Fuby wrote:
Backed down to 1.0.0.8 and it did find it on reoot..will see how this goes and hope the next version remembers to add it back in..

oops...meant 1.0.0.18... atill working fine on reboots..
Message 18 of 60
Dacow79
Aspirant

Thanks for the info, my computer was offline for a while but dropping the version back down to 1.0.0.18 looks like it has done the goods. In case anyone was wondering I was on 1.0.0.26 and it had the reboot issue.
Message 19 of 60
bradbort
Aspirant

Its september, and I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, when I try to download the down level driver, its an empty file. There is no .18 to install. Argh. At least this is a known issue. Apparently, not to netgear tech support though. I called once, and he was clueless, I used their online tech support form, and they were equallly clueless.
Message 20 of 60
bradbort
Aspirant

Its september, and I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, when I try to download the down level driver, its an empty file. There is no .18 to install. Argh. At least this is a known issue. Apparently, not to netgear tech support though. I called once, and he was clueless, I used their online tech support form, and they were equallly clueless.
Message 21 of 60
bradbort
Aspirant

Downgrading to .18 worked for me as well. Unfortunately, I now lose beamforming. Drag. Any idea when netgear will update their "new" driver to work? Any idea when they will actually train their tech support folks so that they can respond intelligently when folks call/email/post about these "known" bugs?
Message 22 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

All,

You must register this issue with Netgear Support.
They have no idea that there is an issue with this f/w and therefore will not fix it.

Please please register now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 23 of 60
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Check your USB3 port drivers for a update. Some USB3 ports do not work correctly until PC is completely booted up which might be causing the problem. I've seen this on two PC's so far.

I use a wireless key board on a desktop and it will not let me into Bios setup by hitting Delete Key when booting PC using USB3 port. It does however work when using USB2 port. After boot up the usb3 works fine. If I didn't try to enter Bios setup I never would had notice it.

When trying to use a usb3 port to reimage a different PC the image files are not found when drive is in USB3 but are found using USB2. The drive is a USB3 device which does work when PC is running Win 7. The backup image was written to it using WIN 7 backup.

May or may not be the problem but interesting anyway.
Message 24 of 60
Mark_K
Tutor

the problem is on using a usb 2.0 port
Message 25 of 60
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7