× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New A6200 doesn't connect after restart.

Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: New A6200 doesn't connect after restart.

What software version did you use to install the adapter? Is it fromt NETGEAR's website?
Message 51 of 60
NomakeWan
Aspirant

Is anyone using the Mediatek driver by itself? Ever since removing all the Netgear software and using the driver supplied by the company that made the chip Netgear is using, I have had zero issues with my A6210. It reconnects to my 5GHz network on every reboot and doesn't spontaneously disconnect.
Message 52 of 60
kwolf
Guide

The A6200 does not use mediatek chipset, only A6210.

Netgear support won't even tell me if they have a newer driver to try since I am "out of warranty" when I am not even asking a warranty question. I am not happy with Netgear's poor treatment of A6200 owners.
Message 53 of 60
Fairytail
Virtuoso

For new drivers you can it on support site.

http://support.netgear.com/product/A6200
Message 54 of 60
kwolf
Guide

minions08 wrote:
For new drivers you can it on support site.

http://support.netgear.com/product/A6200

That's actually incorrect, because the 1.0.0.35 drivers are not listed there. The Netgear FTP link for those drivers is broken. Netgear support blew me off instead of giving me the driver (or whatever is newer than it).

The driver file inside of the "official" 1.0.0.26-1 driver is ~2 years old and does not fix the non-connection on restart problem.
Message 55 of 60
Nexious
Tutor

I am experiencing the same issue on a Windows 7 x64 machine. This includes when using the latest firmware and software drivers for the adapter and my Netgear router. I reboot the computer and connections are visible but cannot be connected to until I unplug and replug in the adapter, which is highly inconvenient as the port is on the back of my tower under a desk. Disabling minimum power consumption does not help at all. I bought this adapter brand new for a high price when it was released for my Windows 8 desktop and it continuously lost connection (I tried all solutions at that time as well to no avail). So it sat dormant for more than a year as I used a PCI adapter and an 8-year-old adapter for my other machine, both worked without a problem. Most recently a firmware update pushed out by Netgear for my router also caused a 50% drop in bandwidth transmission until I downgraded. My prior Netgear router wound up in an infinite boot cycle and could not be cured. So I have had three very poor experiences with my last three Netgear purchases and will never even consider them for any future networking needs. Now I will have to downgrade back to a very old adapter for my Windows 7 machine as I cannot stand this inconvenience of unplugging and plugging back in each boot.
Message 56 of 60
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Official firmwares/softwares/Drivers are posted on support site. If it is not on the list then it is beta software/firmware.
Message 57 of 60
BurtLight
Aspirant

This WORKED! I needed my son's help to write the batch file and walk me through creating a task to run at startup, and had to do this as Administrator (and tick the box to run the task with highest priority), but, upon re-start, the adapter connection to the router and the Internet worked!

In my lay understanding, the set of commands is the equivalent of unplugging the adapter and re-plugging it in, which is what we have all had to do to get this A6200 to work.It is a nuisance that I had to go through this, but the good news is that the procedure works.

Thank you!

Message 58 of 60
BurtLight
Aspirant

The Startup task series of commands works.

Thanks!

Message 59 of 60
BurtLight
Aspirant

I gave up. After a few hours on the phone with tech support, and a few hours trying various schemes to make this adapter work, it just was not worth it. I returned it to Amazon.

Message 60 of 60
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7