× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NightHawk AC1900 Wifi USB Adapter USB 3.0, Dual Band having connection problems?

SpecialToast
Aspirant

NightHawk AC1900 Wifi USB Adapter USB 3.0, Dual Band having connection problems?

I currently own a NightHawk AC1900 Wifi USB Adapter 3.0, Dual Band that I've been using for a while and decided to test out the performance of it via Speed Test. My Ping was 12, Download: 206.43Mbps, Upload: 18.07Mbps and I had tried testing out what I would get from using ethernet but after conducting that test and going back to the USB Adapter my wifi on my computer had changed. My network band before using the ethernet was 5GHz and Link Speed (Recieve/Transmit) was 54/1300 (Mbps) but for some reason after using trying out ethernet and going back to the USB Adapter it changed to 2.4GHz and 54/72. I don't know how to change it back but it was only my computer while everyone else's were 5GHz. I've tried to reconnect and disconnect my USB adapter and forgetting the wifi but it still doesn't work. I have no idea what to do because I was only trying to see how to improve my upload and download speed since it said that it would be around 600mbps on a 2.4GHz or 1300mbps on a 5GHz. I really have no idea what to do.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Re: NightHawk AC1900 Wifi USB Adapter USB 3.0, Dual Band having connection problems?

And the router you use is?

Message 2 of 3
SpecialToast
Aspirant

Re: NightHawk AC1900 Wifi USB Adapter USB 3.0, Dual Band having connection problems?

We have a Linksys EA7300 wireless router that's connected to a XFINITY XB6-t Modem. I did attempted to uninstall and reinstall the driver which seemed to fixed the problem so now it's back showing as 5GHz but I'm not quite sure why after plugging my computer to the router via ethernet had changed it the other day?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7