× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk A7000 - StatusBarApp

roarty58
Guide

Nighthawk A7000 - StatusBarApp

Just purchased and installed the Nighthawk A7000 Wifi Adapter.  Part of the install included a StatusBarApp.  The StatusBarApp requires me to enter an admin ID and password everytime I boot my Macbook because it supposedly is making changes to my Macbook.  For security reasons I do not login to my Macbook using an Admin account, but a standard user account.  Is there a way, short of having to login using an Admin account, to stop the StatusBarApp from asking for the admin credentials at every reboot?

Message 1 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi roarty58,

You may check this with Apple cause I believe they have this feature for any changes happen on the status bar.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi roarty58,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 5
roarty58
Guide

The question really gets down to, why is this app changing something everytime it is used.  I have many icons on the Apple status bar but the only one that seems to want to change something every time I boot is the one related to the A7000.  Not sure this is something that Apple can fix, it seems to be an issue with the fact that this app from Netgear is requesting something be changed.

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi roarty58,

Can you check with Apple if there settings that they need to change.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7