× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Network Adapter Gives Massive Ping Spikes

LSweet
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Network Adapter Gives Massive Ping Spikes

At first I thought that it was my Orbi routers but when I noticed that I didn't lag on other PCs with different adapters, I knew I found the problem. I noticed this when I first got it slightly, but it seems much worse now. When I am in the middle of games, I would disconnect about every 1 minute just for about 2 seconds and I would notice my ping in game spike up from about 30 to 200-300. I then tried running some tests so I pinged google.com in my CMD and noticed that whenever these ping spikes would happen, about every 1-2 minutes, my ping to google would go from around 30 to around 2000 to even 3000... half the time it would even say "Request timed out." If anyone knows of a fix that would be great, thank you.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Network Adapter Gives Massive Ping Spikes

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Is the Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7