× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Packaging and Possible Authenticity Issues

1000BaseT
Follower

Nighthawk Packaging and Possible Authenticity Issues

Hello, I recently purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 (model no. A7000) from a major online resaler and it came with the seal broken and contents were loosely packed and was wondering before returning it if:

- The seals often can break on their own, maybe through rough handling

- The contents are loosley packed within the box: i.e. the contents have no additional packaging and the cd is just left loose inside the box.

I'm also curious whether or not when I receive another if there is a way (other than registering the product) if I can verify the authenticity of it. I don't know if someone is maybe swapping out (or tampering with) the contents of these or not then reselling them as new.

I have the serial number and other information if there's a way to forward that to the appropriate person at netgear to report this issue.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk Packaging and Possible Authenticity Issues

@1000BaseT wrote:

I have the serial number and other information if there's a way to forward that to the appropriate person at netgear to report this issue.

What happens when you try to register the device on MyNetgear?

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Even if it says "already registered" that can be misleading. People turn up here regularly with reports of that, especially with stuff bought through Amazon.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7