× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

On Networks N150MA-199NAS driver not available

MrCarterMSA
Tutor

On Networks N150MA-199NAS driver not available

I have an On Networks N150MA-199NAS wireless USB dongle. I tried finding a driver and the On Networks site referred me to Netgear. When I type in the product on Netgear it can't find it. I called the Netgear help line to find out how to locate the driver on the website and was told I'd have to pay a fee for the assistance of a tech support agent. I explained that I don't need technical support, I need to find out where to download a driver. No luch. I asked to speak to the reps supervisor and he informed me that he WAS the supervisor and either I agree to pay the fee or he couldn't do anything for me. I used to have high regard for the Netgear brand. No longer!

I did find an old post on this site (2015) about a driver that suggested the driver for the Netgear WNA1000M. When I install that driver it kept asking me to insert the adapter, even though I did (several times),

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be very appreciative.

Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: On Networks N150MA-199NAS driver not available

Here is the support site for that product

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNA1000M.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic#download

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
MrCarterMSA
Tutor

Thank you, DarrenM, for taking the time to reply. Since I mentioned in my post that I tried that driver, to no avail, I'm a little confused as to whether referring me to that page is

1. just a polite way of saying that if that driver doesn't work it's a case of "oh well, then I guess you're out of luck" or if

2. I didn't make it clear in my post that I had already gone to that page, downloaded and applied the driver and the driver didn't recogmize the presence of the On Networks N150M-199NAS device, so there might possibly be

a. some way to get another driver that MIGHT work, or

b. some trick I could try so that the WNA1000M driver will recognize the On Networks N150M-199NAS device.

Can you let me know which is the case?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi MrCarterMSA,

What is the OS of your computer? Possible reason why it won't work is the OS no longer supports the driver of the adapter.

Message 4 of 7
MrCarterMSA
Tutor

I have tried the driver on Win XP, Win 7, and Win 10. I get the same results with each.

Message 5 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi MrCarterMSA,

May I know what is the OS of your computer? 

Message 6 of 7
MrCarterMSA
Tutor

Maybe I wasn't clear in my last post. I have tried using the adapter and driver with three different Windows operating systems: Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 10 Enterprise. The driver for the Netgear WNA1000M didn't work with any of them. In each case everything looks good until I get the promp to insert the adapter. I do that and click OK and the computer shows it is trying to set up the adapter, but after a while (a minute or two to over ten minutes) the prompt to insert the adapter comes up again.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7