× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PC is refusing my wireless adapter

Britishvlogger7
Follower

PC is refusing my wireless adapter

I've had this wireless adapter from NETGEAR since October 30th 2015, I have it my laptop for the time being until a few days ago I bought a brand new custom built gaming PC, so I obviously put the wireless adapter out of my windows 10 laptop and put it in my gaming PC, installs fine no problem what's so ever, so install some virus protection 360 total security, play some steam games, and I come back to my PC the next day, boot it up and it was saying I couldn't detect it so my immediate thought was the drivers had corrupted so I reinstall the drivers, still not detected, (with a crossed out Ethernet logo at the bottom corner of my screen) I did a system restore, didn't work, installed drivers from the NETGEAR website, didn't work, looked at some guides online, stilr l didn't work, and I just don't know what else to do, is it my virus protection? Did the operating system go wrong? Has a setting been changed? Any ideas? My PC specs and OS is own below

Gigabyte GA H170 HD3 motherboard 

intel core i3 quad core@3.7GHz

AMD Radeon R7 370 4GB card 

8GB of ddr4 1600mhz RAM 

seagate barracuda 7200 hard drive 500GB 

Message 1 of 2
netwrks
Master

Re: PC is refusing my wireless adapter

Try it with your anti-virus shut down / uninstalled, see what happens.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7