× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PLW1000 powerline adapter problems

SSG12
Aspirant

PLW1000 powerline adapter problems

Hi. I am running 4 different powerline adapters in my shop. Recently I have been having trouble with the wife extender one model PLW1000. Anything plugged in will have internet access but anything connecting to it via wifi will not have internet access. When I try to connect my phone to that wife network it says no internet access, however like I said when connecting to it via cable you have internet. Anyone have any ideas why it just quit working?

I thought I would try a firmware update but I can't seem to figure out how. I have the firmware update downloaded. Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Brady

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 4

@SSG12 wrote:

I thought I would try a firmware update but I can't seem to figure out how. I have the firmware update downloaded. Can someone please help?

Can you access the controls of the PLW1000? The release notes tell you how to install the firmware.

PLW1000 Firmware Version 1.0.1.6 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Home WiFi Adapters. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Powerline Networking - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 4
SSG12
Aspirant

Hello. Thanks for the reply. No I’m not sure how to access it?

Message 3 of 4

@SSG12 wrote:
Hello. Thanks for the reply. No I’m not sure how to access it?

What happens when you try the link in the release notes?

The URL is http://www.mywifiext.net/

If that doesn't work, then you will have to track down the IP address of the PLW1000.   One way to do  that is by logging in to the controls of whatever router you have running your network.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7